St. Stephen's Weekend Away at Camp Allen
Every fall, the St. Stephen's community will adjourn to Camp Allen for a weekend of fun and reflection in a woodland setting.
Camp Allen is located one hour northwest of Houston in a beautiful pine forest with rolling hills and two lakes.
This year the trip will be November 10 - 12
This weekend serves as a time for us to get away one community - Church and School. Come enjoy a weekend of fellowship in the great outdoors. All ages and activity levels are invited. Camp Allen always has a multitude of activities available, including horseback riding, canoeing, and nature walks, as well as opportunities for spiritual formation. There are arts and crafts activities, time for relaxing or reading and for getting to know your fellow parishioners in an unhurried fashion. After a weekend of fellowship and spiritual refreshment, we join together for a worship service on Sunday morning by the lake before returning home to Houston.
Accommodations at Campsite include: bunk, shared shower and kitchen facilities. (Bring a tent if preferred).
Registration & Activity Fees
Basic Registration Fees for Campsite activities
- Saturday only (no Overnight) $20 per person
- One night stay (either Friday or Saturday) $35 per person
- Two night stay (Friday and Saturday) $53 per person
Activities on Saturday include**:
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Guided Hike: $5 and ages: 8+
- 10:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Arena Horseback: $25 and ages 6-9
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Horseback Trail Ride: $25 and ages 10+
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Giant Swing: $20 and ages 10 +
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Canoeing: $7 and all ages welcome
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Canoeing: $7 and all ages welcome
- 7:00 p.m. Hayride - No Charge
The Dunn Center is available both Friday and Saturday night. It is located at Camp Allen between the campsite and conference center. It has four rooms each with its own private bathroom. Three rooms have two twin beds and the fourth room has six bunk beds.
Anyone interested in reserving space is requested to reimburse St. Stephen's at $87.50/per night. For questions or to make reservations contact Michael Hawes.
Here are some nearby hotels :
Americas Best Value Inn - 11 mi SW
2145 Farm to Market Road 1488, Hempstead, TX
(979) 826-4200 · americasbestvalueinn.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waller - 13 mi S
31380 Fm 2920 Rd, Waller, TX
(936) 372-3700 · ihg.com
Comfort Inn & Suites - 12 mi NW
9345 Texas 6, Navasota, TX
(936) 825-9464 · comfortinn.com
Best Western Inn of Navasota - 13 mi NW
8965 Texas 6, Navasota, TX
(936) 870-4102 · book.bestwestern.com