The goals that we had in mind for this experiment were:
- To create an experience of prayer for those who consider themselves spiritual, but not religious
- To develop a model of community that we could move into the broader neighborhood
- To alleviate some of the crowding we were experiencing in the nave during the 10:30 Sunday morning Eucharist
- To build up muscle within the St. Stephen’s community for evangelism from a progressive Christian perspective, i.e., how can we share the faith that is in us without being manipulative, self-righteous proselytizers? How do we meet Jesus in our neighborhood?
- To empower young leaders in our community to create worship that is meaningful to them and others.