Level I Atrium (Ages 3-Kindergarten)
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is grounded in the premise that every child is born into relationship with God. We seek to create a sacred, "hands-on" space for the child (called an atrium)where the child and the adult catechist hear, ponder, and celebrate the most essential mysteries of the Christian faith as revealed in scripture and liturgy. The atrium is an inviting place where a child nurtures their relationship with Jesus, The Good Shepherd, through
- Scripture - Infancy narratives open the mystery of Incarnation
- Parables - Jesus' teaching through the experiences of daily life; The parable of the Good Shepherd is particularly relevant to the Level I-age child.
- Geography - Coming to know Jesus as a real person who walked the earth.
- Liturgy - Becoming familiar with Episcopal liturgies and sacraments.
- Prayer -Personal and communal prayer
- Celebrations, - Advent, Christmas/Epiphany, Lent, Easter and Pentecost
- Community - Taking responsibility for their own environment and working on service projects to help those outside our parish family.